Pigs are easy animals to raise. They are fairly low maintenance and fun to watch. Whether living in the wild or in captivity, pigs need plenty of fresh water all of the time to survive. While how to offer constant fresh water ?The best way to do this is to install a pig nipple. It is stainless steel body with plastic cap. It uses a stem, which the pig moves by biting to release water. All these pig drinker brackets are made from stainless steel. When the pig removes its mouth the stem returns to the closed position by the elastic force of the silicone rubber diaphragm. The diaphragm can be flexed millions of times without failure and is not subject to corrosion or mineral buildup. Its adjustable plastic filter prevent impurities from the water and is easy to change high pressure water systems and low pressure systems.
Pig nipples are convenience for pigs. The o-ring provides a positive water seal. Will work on gravity or pressure systems up to 50 PSI. It enjoys many excellent characteristics, such as cleanness, sanitation and protect the environment against pollution. This eliminates the need for orifices and screens. It also improves the economic benefit. A properly designed nipple provides clean water while eliminating waste, which is a huge concern when simply using a water bucket. This problem can be solved by purchasing a few items from your local hardware and farm supply store to create your own nippler.
* Mark the location for the first nipple on the bucket. It should be not less than 4" from the ground.
* Use the drill and ?" bit to drill a hole in the bucket.
* Press a stainless steel nipple drinker through the hole. It's important to twist nipple to get it to go through the bucket.
* Place the flat washer, brass fitting and O ring on the threaded end of nipple drinker and tighten.
* Repeat the same work until you have install all pig drink nipples.